Course #1 - Online Spa Start Up, Management & Operations
$1,195.00 CAD - Shipping for this course is FREE! Register Now
Are you opening a Spa? ....or expanding?
This Distance Learning Course #1 promises to be the best investment you'll make all year
On the Go-Go?
Our most popular course for developing spa professionals...it never disappoints
This is a one-of-a-kind learning experience is brimming with all of the hard to find industry-specific information you’ll need to start up and run your spa or salon business successfully.
This self-taught Course can be completed in 40-50 hours - With no logging on required except for your final exam, this user friendly program is completed entirely on your schedule and at your own pace. Each Module has a Participant Manual; a corresponding Audio Book DVD; and a Self-Assessment Questionnaire. You will also receive the Spas2b 4-piece Toolkit as shown below (not required to be completed prior to certification).
And you've just seriously enhanced your credentials internationally - Upon successful completion of this course, you will be awarded the Spas2b/CIBTAC Certificate in Spa Start Up, Management & Operations, now recognized in over 60 countries around the world.
Included in Course #1
|This course covers:||This course is a 10-disc set, including:|
Course #1 - Spa Business Management Outline
Module 1 - Spa Start Up & Business Plan Development Manual
- New business is serious business - From A - Z - Industry Introduction; Overview; Trends; Observations; Challenges; Business Boosters
- Business Planning; Corporate Culture; Philosophy; Vision and Mission
- Charting your Start up, Build Out, Expansion and Installation Costs - Your Complete Purchasing Plan program covers Equipment; Products; Technology; Linens & Studio Supplies; Furniture; Fixtures & Technology
- Learn from formulas for ordering linens and lockers; to laundry and housekeeping management
- Taking the fear out of Finance: Calculating your Personal Net Worth; Revenue and Expense Projections; Budget forecasting; calculating Profitability
- Target Market research; developing your all-encompassing online and off-line Marketing Strategies
- Floor plan development; Functionality, Design and Layout; space allotment and Room Requirement charts; flow and decor ideas
- Services, Packages & Series - Menu considerations including Design, Pricing and Development
- Staffing Up; Introduction to Staff Compensation Options; Introduction to Staff Contracts
- Business Legalities - Licenses, permits, insurance and ownership
- Project time lines, site set up and opening checklists.
Module 2 - Spa Business Finances Manual
- Full 5-Year Financial Model Development Plan, including spreadsheets with detailed pie and bar graphs that auto-populate for easy visualization
- Monthly Sales Projections by Department; comparison tool for Monthly Sales to Cost of Goods Department
- Staff Payroll Projection guidelines and easy monitoring techniques with editable spreadsheet
- Service & Product Margin Analysis - Learn formulas to calculate profitability so you can chart, rank and handle each of your offerings according to their bottom line contribution and manage back-bar costs effectively
- Understand your line items and how your Financial Statements will guide you towards your goals, including: Cash Requirements Budget Worksheet; Cash Flow; Profit & Loss; Balance Sheet
- Yearly Trend Analysis; Ratio Analysis; Break Even Analysis
- Equipment Cost Recovery: Indepth analysis of payback schedules for large capital items - what can you really afford?
- Business Building Basics - The Top 10 Key Performance Indicators (Spa Metrics) you should be monitoring
- Detailed development guidelines and best practices for your Staff Compensation packages; in-depth study of Options & Models, including both monetary and non-monetary rewards and incentives
- Introduction to Yield (Revenue) Management, with trends and tactics to make you more money
- Gift Certificate Management - Income or liability? Strategies to keep your bottom line fit.
Module 3 - Spa Business Marketing Manual
- Up to the minute Industry Trends Review; reports; statistics and latest findings
- Develop and drive your 1 year on & offline Marketing Plan with the Spas2b Top 7 Multi-dimensional Marketing Vehicles
- Target Market Research: Gathering; positioning & goal setting with Primary and Secondary data
- Making Contact - 6 Top Client Attractors - Understanding Client Demographics & Generational Marketing
- Media Kits and Multiple Media Advertising - Where to invest your money and how to get Free Publicity
- On and Offline Promotions using Print & Broadcast Advertising & effective Branding Vehicles
- Menu Development; Signature treatments; service discounts; and maintaining high aesthetic value
- Spa Promotions: Revenue and Profitability Analysis - How they can either benefit or erode your bottom line
- Discounting vs. Value added incentives - When, why & how they should work
- Tips, tracks and facts on how to spark record retail with cross selling; add-on selling; and upselling
- Setting the Stage - Successful Shop Merchandising and Display.
Module 4 - Spa Staffing & Management Manual
- Value-Packed Staff Proposals & 6 steps to Gold Standard Recruitment Kits - Your keys to hiring Superstars
- Become a Leader with Presence. Master techniques that will motivate your staff; superior people practices that will enthuse your team to perform; and Leadership Skills that will instill quality and inspire fruitful outcomes
- Internal Staff Programs geared to gaining and retaining your Superstars: Mentoring; Referral; Recognition; Allotments; 3-tier Training programs; individual and team bonus programs, and many more!
- Front Desk Management - Learn how to measure productivity and grow your business from the front desk, concierge and call centres
- Staff Contracts: Offer to Employ, Authorization to Release Information, Growth and Goals Plans, Compensation Contract, Non-Compete, Confidentiality and more!
- How to effectively link your staff Job Descriptions to Interim Reviews and Annual Performance Appraisals
- Staff Discipline, Accountability & Dismissal guidelines
- Team Survival Techniques.
Module 5 - Spa Customer Service Manual
- Identifying and exceeding the expectations of today's high IQ client
- Gaining & Retaining clients with genuine relationship building
- Learn the fine art of developing opportunities for consistently great service in both your open and closed door environments
- Solving client problems with tangible and non-tangible solutions and benefits
- Internal programs geared to growing and retaining great clients: Value-added; Self-Care; Frequent Buyer; Referral, and much more
- Guest Handling - Inspection control - Behavioral Codes of Conduct
- How to measure guest profitability so you can rank and handle according to the value they bring to the business
- Programs & Promotions - Costs, Tracking & Monitoring
- Customer Compensation - Setting things right.
Module 6 - Spa Business Operations Manual
- Meeting the exciting challenges of your ever-expanding Job Description
- Interpreting and producing weekly reporting data
- Technology - It's your choice - Pros and Cons
- Time Pressed Management - Tips on how to save 90 minutes a day, every day!
- Nurturing and maximizing good supplier relationships
- Your outline to developing an all-encompassing Spa Procedure Manual and Staff Handbook
- Indepth Infection Control guidelines
- Problem prevention and Emergency Preparedness
- How to effectively and successfully handle change in the spa
- Literature, documentation and process handling, with an eye on volume control
- Running successful staff meetings, huddles and rallies
- Sample documents and working templates that will uphold in-house consistency and professionalism.